I had an interesting day at work today. I figure there are two ways to look at this.
- I had to do a lot of chores that someone else was supposed to do.
- Several people were grumpy.
- I was forced to stay an hour past the time I was supposed to get off.
- It was hot in the store today and I was sweating all day.
- I did so many chores today that I met my 10,000 step goal on my pedometer half an hour before I got off work. I'll get to relax tonight.
- I had the opportunity to cheer up several people.
- I got to work an extra hour so my paycheck will be larger.
- Even though it is 106 degrees outside, it didn't feel too hot when I left work.
“Why are you so excited? Are our times really good?”
“No, our times are terrible,” I replied.
“Then why are you happy?” he asked.
“Well, as I see it, there are two ways to look at things. I can be happy about them or I can be cranky. I think it's better on me and all of you if I'm happy.”
He looked at me and shook his head.
But I like day #2 better than day #1.
I think I'll keep it.